15 Minute Burrito Bowls
Burritos bowls are honestly my favourite easy, DIY weeknight meal that is healthy, tasty and fun for everybody! Customize your bowl, your way.
- 1lb of ground beef or meat substitute of choice
- 3 tbsp of Spyce Girlz Taco Seasoning
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 tsp of cumin
- Salt to taste
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 cup of rice (optional) - we love Tilda rice (super easy to prepare and only takes 2 minutes in the microwave!)
Toppings (choose as many as you like):
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
- Cook your protein of choice in a pan on med-high heat. Drain fat from pan and add 3 tbsp (or to taste) of Spyce Girlz taco seasoning and half a cup of water to ground beef. Simmer and stir until evenly coated.
- In olive or coconut oil coated pan cook diced onions until translucent then add drained and rinsed black beans. Add cumin and salt or taco seasoning. Cook until beans start to become soft.
- Portion protein and beans into bowl with rice (optional) and shredded lettuce and top with toppings of choice!
- Chow down and enjoy!