This is Spyce Girlz's take on a popular Mexican cheese dip. This dip is amazing and will make you super popular at parties!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tbsp of Spyce Girlz taco seasoning
- 2.5 cups of shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup of finely diced tomato
- 1 can of chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped (optional but we love it!)
1. Place cheese and cornstarch in a bowl and toss to coat. Put aside.
2. Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
3. Add garlic and onion. Cook slowly for 3 minutes.
4. Add tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add evaporated milk and cheese. Stir and then add chilies and taco seasoning. Stir until cheese is melted.
6. Stir in cilantro. Remove from heat.
Serve warm or at room temperature with tortilla chips. The dip thickens as it cools. You may want to add 1-2 tbsp of milk or water to thin if yours is too thick. We like it thick!