Mexican Cauliflower Rice
This is a great substitute to rice, especially if you are on a low-carb diet. I promise, you won't even miss rice with this fantastic recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 4 tsp of Spyce Girlz Taco Seasoning
- 1 Large cauliflower or 900g of riced cauliflower. We like to buy it already riced at the store, either fresh or frozen is fine
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, finely chopped. If you can't find poblanos, any pepper works.
- 15oz can of chopped tomatoes or 1lb of freshly diced tomatoes
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1.5 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup of water
1. Rice the cauliflower, if you're buying a whole head, not the already riced stuff.
2. In a heavy skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat.
3. Stir in onion and pepper and sauté until they begin to soften.
4. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, taco seasoning, salt and garlic. Cook until hot.
5. Stir in cauliflower rice and water. Bring to boil. Lower heat to simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower, is cooked but not mushy.
It’s quite quick and easy, especially if you buy the cauliflower riced. This keeps well on the stove so you can keep it warm while you work on the rest of the meal.