Tomato & Caramelized Onion Puff Pastry Pizza
On the weekend, we had originally planned to have a chicken and vegetable medley for dinner but by the time 5:30 rolled around, we found ourselves craving something a little more... decadent! We thawed some pre made puff pastry and threw together whatever we had laying around. This super easy, incredibly delicious tomato & caramelized onion puff pastry pizza was born! We brought leftovers to our neighbour's house and had them begging for the recipe.
- 1 sheet of pre made puff pastry, thawed
- 2-3 Sliced Tomatoes or however many it takes to cover the surface of the puff pastry
- 1 large Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Spyce Girlz Pizza Seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 415℉
2. Unroll the puff pastry onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
3. Melt butter in a small frying pan over medium heat and add thinly sliced onions and sea salt, and slowly cook onions until browned but not quite caramelized (they will brown more once the pizza is in the oven.)
3. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise over the surface of the puff pastry and top with sliced tomatoes and browned onions.
4. Shred a thin layer of parmesan over the surface of the pizza. Sprinkle with Pizza Seasoning.
5. Cook for 15 minutes. The pastry will puff up, because it's called puff pastry! You can always pop the bubbles lightly with a fork or wait a few minutes until it cools down.
6. Slice into pieces and enjoy!