These air fried chicken tacos are seriously the best. I made them for a dinner party last week and caught one of my guests polishing off the chicken with a fork right from the bowl. They're that good people.
- Tortillas (or Maseca corn flour if you're up for making your own tortillas! Just follow package instructions)
- 1.5 to 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs ( I strongly recommend using chicken thighs, they really make all the difference in flavour)
- 6 tbsp of Spyce Girlz Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp of neutral oil
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
Toppings (choose as many as you'd like):
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Shredded cheese
- Bunch of chopped cilantro
- Fresh or jarred salsa
- Hot sauce
1. Whisk together the orange juice, oil, vinegar, salt and taco seasoning. Mix in a ziplock bag with the chicken thighs and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
2. Brush your air fryer lightly with oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place the chicken on a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook at 375℉ for 16 minutes flipping halfway through*.
3. While you're waiting for your chicken to cook, you can warm your tortillas up on a skillet, in the oven or in the microwave. Don't warm them up too much though, we don't want floppy tortillas!
4. Once the chicken is cooked, shred or slice the chicken up into bite sized pieces or to your desired consistency.
5. Assemble your tacos with desired toppings and dig in!
*If you don't have an air fryer, you can cook the chicken in the oven for 400℉ for 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked when internal temperature reaches 165℉.