International Hot and Spicy Food Day celebrates more than just heat-seekers or extreme eaters. It's an open invitation for everyone to expand their taste buds and embrace something new. Today we are making some hot & spicy Jalapeno Poppers, perfect as an appetizer or snack!
- 6 Jalapeno Peppers
- Spyce Girlz Smokin’ Habanero BBQ Rub
- 4 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked, and cut into bacon bits
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wearing gloves, slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- Fill each jalapeno with softened cream cheese, and sprinkle with our Spyce Girlz Smokin' Habanero BBQ Rub, then top with shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle the bacon bits on top.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or for 8-10 minutes in the air fryer.
- Pop them into your mouth and enjoy!
A common question we get is whether our spyce blends bring the extra heat. The good news is, that you don't have to be a daredevil to enjoy our blends; they're jam-packed with flavors that cater to all palates!
Don't forget to follow us on socials, and tag us if you try our recipe! Follow along with our video here: